The Cork Saddle Bag is an eye-captivating and modern cross-body bag crafted by hand from genuine Portuguese cork. Its iconic design makes this piece a must-have for your everyday ethical wardrobe. With an interior zippered pocket and a key holder to keep your essentials organized and close at hand, this bag is just the right size for the everyday. It has an adjustable shoulder strap to transition perfectly from daytime to evening wear in a flash. Its unique and curvy shape adds a touch of class and charm to any attire.
About the making of this bag:
The high-quality natural cork used to make the cork cross-body handle bag was hand-harvested by skilled workers from the Cork Oak tree in Portugal. Only the bark is harvested from the Cork Oak, which does not harm the tree in any way, but instead, allows the tree to enter into a regeneration process that allows it to live a longer life. Cork Oaks are only harvested every nine years and protected by Portuguese law.
The cork bark was then was stacked to dry. Once dried, the cork bark was then boiled in water and flattened, and the cork was then compressed into a thick cork fabric roll.
To complete the transformation of this cork fabric into cork leather, a thin layer of cork, about the width of a piece of paper, is shaved off of the cork fabric roll. This becomes the cork leather that is used to create the cork exterior of the bag. The cork leather was carefully sewn together to form the walls of the bag, along with cotton fabric to create the interior lining. The entire creation of each bag is made from start to finish by one single person, completely in-house at the Corkor facilities. For this reason, no two bags are ever exactly the same, and each bag is a unique piece of nature.
- Length: 11 inches (28 cm)
- Height: 9.4 inches (24 cm)
- Width: 4.7 inches (12 cm)
- Strap drop of 21.7 inches (55 cm)
- 100% High-quality Portuguese cork exterior material
- Hypoallergenic: cork is resistant to damage from water, dirt, and mold
- Hand-stitched details around exterior
- Magnetic snap closure with flap cover
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Durable craftsmanship to last for years of daily usage
- Comes in Zebra Natural and red (color created using water-based natural dyes)
- 100% Cotton interior lining
- 1 Interior Zippered Pocket
- Hanging hook for attaching your keys
- Spacious center of bag for carrying your wallet, smartphone, small items
- Handmade in Portugal by Corkor
- Certified Vegan by PETA
- FSC Certified Portuguese Cork
- Weighs 17 ounces (485 grams)