This cork handbag is gorgeous and elegant, perfect for an evening out or elevating your every-day look. With a small, sophisticated design, this new bag features an adjustable chain strap with a cork handle that can be extended to your liking, transforming it into a shoulder bag or a handle bag. Cork makes this mini cross-body bag lightweight and able to resist the elements, and its durable, functional design will allow this bag to remain among your favorites for years to come.
Inside, the bag is lined with cotton, with a back slip pocket and a spacious interior. It closes with a metallic silver-tone clasp on the front of the bag for an extra touch of style. This mini purse is entirely made from natural, cruelty-free materials, making it the perfect addition to your vegan and sustainable wardrobe.
About the making of this bag:
The high-quality natural cork used to make the cork cross-body handle bag was hand-harvested by skilled workers from the Cork Oak tree in Portugal. Only the bark is harvested from the Cork Oak, which does not harm the tree in any way, but instead, allows the tree to enter into a regeneration process that allows it to live a longer life. Cork Oaks are only harvested every nine years and protected by Portuguese law.
The cork bark was then was stacked to dry. Once dried, the cork bark was then boiled in water and flattened, and the cork was then compressed into a thick cork fabric roll.
To complete the transformation of this cork fabric into cork leather, a thin layer of cork, about the width of a piece of paper, is shaved off of the cork fabric roll. This becomes the cork leather that is used to create the cork exterior of the bag. The cork leather was carefully sewn together to form the walls of the bag, along with cotton fabric to create the interior lining. The entire creation of each bag is made from start to finish by one single person, completely in-house at the Corkor facilities. For this reason, no two bags are ever exactly the same, and each bag is a unique piece of nature.
- Length: 7.1 inches (18 cm)
- Height: 5.1 inches (13 cm)
- Width: 2.2 inches (5.5 cm)
- Handle drop: 4.3 inches (11 cm); Strap drop: 29.5 inches (75 cm)
- 100% High-quality Portuguese cork exterior material
- Resistant to damage from water, dirt, and mold
- Hand-stitched details around exterior
- Snap closure with metal buckle on front of bag
- Extendable metal chain strap with a cork handle
- Comes in natural, black, and red variations (colors created using natural dyes)
- 100% Cotton interior lining
- One small interior pocket along inside wall
- Handmade in Portugal by Corkor
- Certified Vegan by PETA
- FSC Certified Portuguese Cork
- Weighs 9.2 oz (262 g)