This Small Cork Crossbody bag from Corkor is elegant, versatile, and the perfect size for an everyday bag. Inside, it has a large interior pocket, as well as a zippered compartment to keep your daily essentials neatly organized and easy to access. It closes securely with a top zipper, so that nothing can fall out of your purse. With an adjustable shoulder strap, you can change the look of this bag from daytime cross-body to over-the-shoulder evening wear with just a moment's notice. With an exterior made entirely from Portuguese cork and a cotton-lined interior, this bag is made from 100% natural material and crafted without the use of any animal product.
About the making of this bag:
The high-quality natural cork used to make the cork satchel bag was hand-harvested by skilled workers from the Cork Oak tree in Portugal. Only the bark is harvested from the Cork Oak, which does not harm the tree in any way, but instead, allows the tree to enter into a regeneration process that allows it to live a longer life. Cork Oaks are only harvested every nine years and protected by Portuguese law.
The cork bark was then was stacked to dry. Once dried, the cork bark was then boiled in water and flattened, and the cork was then compressed into a thick cork fabric roll.
To complete the transformation of this cork fabric into cork leather, a thin layer of cork, about the width of a piece of paper, is shaved off of the cork fabric roll. This becomes the cork leather that is used to create the cork exterior of the bag. The cork leather was carefully sewn together to form the walls of the bag, along with cotton fabric to create the interior lining. The entire creation of each bag is made from start to finish by one single person, completely in-house at the Corkor facilities. For this reason, no two bags are ever exactly the same, and each bag is a unique piece of nature.
- Length: 10 inches (25 cm)
- Height: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Width: 0.8 inches (2 cm)
- Strap drop: 19.7 inches / 50 cm
- 100% High-quality Portuguese cork exterior material
- Resistant to damage from water, dirt, and mold to last for years of wear
- Hand-stitched details around exterior
- Zip closure along top of bag with cork toggle
- Adjustable strap for comfortably wearing the bag across the body or over the shoulder
- Comes in brown, brown/natural, and natural/red cork variations (brown and red cork made using natural dyes)
- 100% Cotton interior lining
- 2 Interior Slip Pockets: 1 Open Pocket, 1 Zippered Pocket
- Handmade in Portugal by Corkor
- Certified Vegan by PETA
- FSC Certified Portuguese Cork
- Weighs 5.9 ounces (168 grams)