Sunglasses made from recycled cork, free from pesticides and toxins, merged above frames made from recycled HDPE plastic.
Recycled cork wine stoppers are the starting material from which the cork fiber is extracted and transformed to create these super sustainable and beautiful sunglasses made in Spain by Parafina. Not only is recycled cork put to new use, but the cork is merged upon frames made from 100% recycled HDPE plastic, helping to repurpose plastic that has already been created and keep it from entering the waste stream.
The result of the combination of these innovative and recycled materials is an ultra-lightweight design with a soft and comfortable fit on the nose. The lenses incorporated in these sunglasses are polarized with a UV protection of UV400 (category 3), which gives maximum protection to the retina absorbing UV rays A, B, and C. The polarization reduces glare and optical stress and improves contrast.
Lens width: 49 mm | Bridge: 21 mm | Rod: 140
- Entirely made from recycled materials: recycled cork mounted on recycled HDPE plastic frames
- UV protection UV400 absorbing UV rays A, B, and C
- Ultra-lightweight for comfortable wear
- Polarized lenses reduce glare and optical stress while improving contrast
Ethically crafted in Spain by Parafina
- Made from 100% recycled cork and recycled HDPE plastic
- Each purchase gives back 5% to the Parafina Social Project to provide primary education to students in Paraguay
- With your purchase, just like the students in Paraguay, you will receive an ecological pencil. Once it is consumed, you can plant it and it will grow into a tree, reducing the already minimal carbon impact of your sunglasses
- Recycled HDPE plastic storage box