The Cork Bucket Bag from Corkor is spacious, sustainable, and sophisticated. Inside, it has one large main compartment, with a key holder and a zippered pocket in back to keep your things neat and tidy. With ample room to carry anything that you may need throughout your day, this bag pulls tightly shut with a drawstring closure at the top. This bucket bag has a top handle, and comes with an additional shoulder strap that can be adjusted to your preferred length. Uniquely patterned with two stunning color tones of Trunk Brown and Zebra Natural, this vegan bag is made with the highest quality Portuguese cork craftsmanship and is made to last for years of everyday use.
About the making of this bag:
The high-quality natural cork used to make the cork satchel bag was hand-harvested by skilled workers from the Cork Oak tree in Portugal. Only the bark is harvested from the Cork Oak, which does not harm the tree in any way, but instead, allows the tree to enter into a regeneration process that allows it to live a longer life. Cork Oaks are only harvested every nine years and protected by Portuguese law.
The cork bark was then was stacked to dry. Once dried, the cork bark was then boiled in water and flattened, and the cork was then compressed into a thick cork fabric roll.
To complete the transformation of this cork fabric into cork leather, a thin layer of cork, about the width of a piece of paper, is shaved off of the cork fabric roll. This becomes the cork leather that is used to create the cork exterior of the bag. The cork leather was carefully sewn together to form the walls of the bag, along with cotton fabric to create the interior lining. The entire creation of each bag is made from start to finish by one single person, completely in-house at the Corkor facilities. For this reason, no two bags are ever exactly the same, and each bag is a unique piece of nature.
- Length: 11.4 inches (29 cm)
- Height: 11.0 inches (28 cm)
- Width: 6.3 inches (16 cm)
- Handle drop of 10.6 inches / 27 cm
- Shoulder strap drop of 23.6 inches / 60 cm
- 100% High-quality Portuguese cork exterior material
- Resistant to damage from water, dirt, and mold
- Hand-stitched details around exterior
- Pull-string top closure
- Top handle and extra attachable long shoulder strap
- Four metal studs or "feet" on the bottom of the purse to keep it from touching the floor
- Comes in brown trunk and striped natural cork (brown cork made using natural dyes)
- 100% Cotton interior lining
- Interior zippered compartment that covers the entire back side of the bag
- Hanging hook for attaching your keys
- Spacious center of bag for carrying books, notebooks, a water bottle, etc.
- Handmade in Portugal by Corkor
- Certified Vegan by PETA
- FSC Certified Portuguese Cork
- Weighs 17 ounces (485 grams)